Ms. Parsons has extensive trial and litigation experience. She has tried over 100 jury trials in State and Federal Court. Ms. Parsons represents health care providers in medical malpractice claims, individuals and companies facing criminal investigations and accusations, and police officers facing claims of excessive use of force. Ms. Parsons joined Shaffer Lombardo Shurin in 2015 after serving as the Chief Trial Assistant for the Jackson County Prosecutor where she managed the Street Crimes Unit, prosecuted major crimes and trained new attorneys and police officers.
- Insurance Defense
- Federal and State Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Jackson County Prosecutor, Chief Trial Assistant, Jan 1992-Sept 2015
- University of Missouri at Kansas City, J.D., 1993
- University of Missouri at Columbia, B.A., 1989
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL). Admission is by invitation only after an extensive investigation to confirm the individual is a truly outstanding trial lawyer who demonstrates the highest degree of professionalism, ethics and civility.
- Honored as 2019 Best of the Bar by The Kansas City Business Journal.
- Barrister, International Society of Barristers (ISOB).
- Appointed in March 2021 to the Joint Commission on Women in the Profession by the Missouri Bar Board of Governors.
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) Distinguished Counsel Award: 2018 Awarded to a KCMBA Member who consistently demonstrates the characteristics of professionalism, collegiality, courtesy, equanimity, character, harmony and friendship.
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Women’s Justice Award: General Practitioner: 2018 “This is the woman who, as an attorney, does it all. She handles multiple practice areas with skill.”
- Selected as a Super Lawyer 2017-2021.
- H. Michael Coburn Professional Excellence Award – April 2017: Chosen by the Young Lawyers Section of the KCMBA for outstanding trial skills and professionalism.
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Women’s Justice Award / Public Service Practitioner – 2014: Awarded to women in government and non-profit lawyers who improve the quality of justice and contribute to the betterment of the profession.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law Decade Award Winner – 2003: Awarded by the UMKC Law Foundation to the Alumnus who has made the most significant impact on the profession in the first ten years of the practice of law.
- Lon Hocker Trial Advocacy Award Winner – 2001: Awarded by the Missouri Bar Association to the best trial attorney under the age of 36 who “possesses a quick wit in the courtroom that is supported by meticulous preparation in the pursuit of the truth.”
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers – Board of Directors
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Ross Roberts Inn of Court - Master
CIVIC & CHARITABLE
- Special Public Defender
- KCMBA Military Matters Volunteer Attorney
- Association of Women Lawyers Connections program – Mentor
- University of Missouri –Kansas City School of Law: January 2002 – Present: Adjunct Professor - Trial Advocacy
- Dolan Consulting
- Blue Dragon Consultants
- Presenter and Faculty at National Institute of Trial Advocacy; Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court; Kansas City Regional Police Academy; National District Attorneys Association and Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys